While you may feel like your sales process is already optimized, it’s almost certain that some time is being lost throughout the day. Small tasks like dialing numbers, finding the next prospect, and leaving voicemails shave seconds or minutes off of each available working hour reducing the efficacy of your sales funnel. Attaining higher conversion rates is all about call volume, and every second you save adds up. Increased time margins give your team the buffer they need to focus on each prospect individually; with sales automation, your reps can dedicate more of their energy to active conversations, balancing talk-to-listen ratios, and closing sales.
To illustrate this point, let’s look at some statistics that shed light on the benefits of sales automation, as well as more specific stats about follow ups, cold calling, and conversation intelligence programs.
Sales Automation Statistics
HubSpot estimates that 72% of the most successful companies use marketing and sales automation, with the average ROI from automation tools coming in at around $5.44 per dollar spent. Tools like sales dialers drastically reduce the amount of time a rep spends in between calls, cutting back on labor costs while also increasing that ever-important automation ROI.
When polled about the overall utilization and the benefits of automation, responses included:
- 49% of companies saying the largest benefit was the time they saved by utilizing sales automation programs. By reducing the time loss associated with repetitive tasks, companies who used automation tools were able to have more personalized communication.
- 45% of companies said the biggest benefit was the boost to efficiency their teams experienced as well as the associated ROI.
- 39% of companies said one of the benefits they most valued was lead generation. With sales call automation and other tools, these companies stated that they were able to get higher quality prospects.
- 34% of companies surveyed said they were using automation tools in some capacity, while 25% said they use them as a central part of their current marketing strategy. Of the remaining companies surveyed, 28% intended to use marketing automation within the next two years.
Sales Follow-Up Statistics
Following up is a vital step in establishing long-term customer connections, but it seems to have fallen by the wayside as a commonly used practice. In fact, 44% of sales reps don’t follow up with prospects after their initial conversation , despite the fact that nearly 80% of sales require between one and five follow up calls . Success in sales is all about persistence, and while call volume is important, a good chunk of that volume should be following up with active prospects.
For phone call follow ups, statistics show show that:
- Telephone outreach resulted in more conversions than email, with the estimated conversion rate being 8.21% for calls compared to 0.03% for emails.
- 80% of calls go to voicemail, making automation tools like voicemail drop all the more useful for boosting sales numbers.
- 92% of salespeople give up on a prospect on the fourth call, despite the fact that 60% of customers say no four times before saying yes.
- 50% of customers aren’t ready to buy initially, but following up with a lead within five minutes can increase the chances of conversion 9 times.
Cold Calling Statistics
Cold calling is the foundation of most company’s outbound sales strategies; despite this importance, 48% of sales reps said they feared making cold calls and 63% said it was the absolute worst part of their job. The two main components fueling this disdain are rejection and inadequate time. Many calls aren’t answered, and when they do pick up, sales reps feel they need to rush so they can raise their overall call volume.
Sales automation tools can fix both of these issues by saving time and increasing pickup rates. Software like local presence dialing tools use local area codes to encourage prospects to answer, and power dialers automate repetitive tasks to give reps the time they need to achieve a better talk-to-listen ratio.
When companies were asked about cold calling and sales automation, here were their responses:
- 35% of companies polled said that their marketing and sales efforts could be more streamlined, which automation tools could facilitate.
- Over 75% of companies saw increased conversions since the implementation of sales call automation tools.
- Companies saw a 451% increase in qualified leads when automation software was used.
- 44% of companies who begin utilizing automation software see a return within 6 months.
- 60% of companies who hadn’t implemented sales call automation tools said they didn’t do so because they thought implementation was too difficult. With easy onboarding and attentive support teams, implementation is easier than ever before.
Conversation Intelligence Statistics
One of the key components of an efficient outbound sales strategy is a conversation intelligence program, a tool that can help you draw insights from conversations by tracking topics, keywords, trends, and other useful metrics. By using AI-powered conversation analytics tools, your reps can focus on their prospect while still getting valuable information about the conversation itself.
The addition of conversation intelligence software has many statistical benefits:
- 82% of marketers agree that the insights provided by conversation intelligence software could help them reveal blind spots within their sales process and organization.
- 49% of organizations say using conversation intelligence and speech analytics has helped them increase customer satisfaction.
- 40% of companies who use conversation intelligence software say that it’s helped them improve productivity by predicting call purpose.
- Companies see an average 81% ROI from their initial deployment of conversation intelligence software.
- 86% of CEOs say artificial intelligence software is a mainstream tool in their office (as of 2021.)
How Can I Improve My Company’s Sales Stats?
The best way to improve your company’s conversion rates and sales volume is by using Kixie. Kixie is an all-in-one sales automation tool that provides all the programs you need to increase conversions and strengthen your bottom line. With Kixie, you get essential tools like:
If you sign up now, you can get Kixie for a week absolutely free without even entering a credit card. If you want excellent ROI, better customer connections, and higher overall call volumes, don’t wait; start your free trial today!