Potential Customers Ignoring Your Sales Calls? 5 Things You Can Do About It…
Here are 5 excellent ways to increase your connect rates with prospects:
1) Use automatic Local Presence Dialing. Local Presence Dialing is an excellent way to increase your connect rate with prospects. The logic is simple: a local number displaying on caller ID equals trust and credibility which leaqds to higher pickup rates. Talk about a feature that pays for itself! When you make sales calls with Kixie, you can turn on local presence dialing which allows the appropriate local number to display on their outbound caller ID automatically.
You can also try local presence dialing selectively. For example, if you have been using your regular number to call a certain prospect and you suspect they have been screening your calls, then you can turn on Local Presence Dialing to show up as a different, local number— and see if they pick up!
2) Drop an email to the prospect right after the call. This raises your profile in their minds and may generate a response on its own or a phone pickup later as a result. Personalized email is always great, but your time is valuable too. To save time with this, use a software to create automatic email templates.
3) Schedule your calls at the right time. At Kixie, we have found that trying to connect with customers on Wednesdays or Thursdays seem to work best. Avoid Fridays when people might be gearing up for the weekend.
Also try phoning people in the morning between 8 and 9 a.m. or in the afternoon between 4 and 6 p.m. Avoid lunch time when people are more likely to be taking a midday break. If you’ve had success before reaching a customer, trying the same day and/or time is not a bad idea. If you’ve connected with the customer before, search your call history with Kixie to find out what time that was. Use that data to help you decide the best time of day to reach prospects in general.
4) Leave your sales pitch on a voicemail. Kixie’s Voicemail Drop allows you to leave pre-recorded voicemails, which saves you time and energy and ensures that you leave the perfect message to your prospects every time. It’s easy.
You record an mp3 file and click on the “VM drop/Hangup” dropdown that appears in Kixie PowerCall during an outbound call.
5) Try changing your caller ID name. Try changing your caller ID name to something the prospective customer would be most responsive to. Instead of your company name, perhaps, try your own name. This is another feature you can do in Kixie. You can sign up for a free trial of Kixie here.