Picture yourself in the shoes of a potential customer.
If you’re about to buy a product, wouldn’t you want to know how it works first? You also want to find out how it can make your life easier and learn the stories of satisfied users.
So let’s say salespeople provide you with that (show you a video that covers the essentials of a product). Then, the odds are, you’ll give in and be a customer.
Watching a video, then wanting to buy a product is an understandable decision.
After all, videos allow companies to communicate their message to potential customers effectively. They can also demonstrate products — how they work, their features and benefits, and more.
In this post, we’ll discuss videos and how you can use them for customer acquisition.
Product demos in video form lead to increased engagement, better product understanding, and higher conversions. They’re also cost-effective, more accessible, reusable, and personalized.
To make your product demo videos more professional, consider using a video editor. VEED is a fantastic option as it offers a video trimmer and video converter, allowing you to create polished and engaging content effortlessly.
Here are the techniques for creating compelling product demos:
- Highlight the benefits - Emphasize product benefits and how people can use them to solve problems.
- Be prepared - Rehearse the demonstration and anticipate any questions or concerns the audience may have.
- Follow up - Address any remaining questions and gauge their level of interest in the product.
Remember, product demos are not just ordinary videos. They allow you to reach out to highly qualified prospects through your sales engagement initiatives.
Here are the best practices for promoting product demos to potential customers:
- Partner with influencers - Find influencers or thought leaders in your industry. Then, work with them to promote the product demo and reach a wider audience.
- Create a landing page - Design a dedicated landing page for the product demo that includes event details (date, time, and location). The idea is to use this page to generate interest and register attendees.
- Leverage PR - Use public relations to generate media coverage of the product demo and reach a broader audience. Examples are press releases, media alerts, and pitching the demo to relevant publications and journalists.
Video testimonials are one of the best tools to build trust and credibility with potential customers. They feature satisfied customers and their positive experiences. Because they work as social proof, they can help you close more deals.
Here are the techniques for creating effective customer testimonials:
- Keep them real - Feature real customers and their authentic experiences to create testimonials. It will help potential customers relate to the testimonial and make it more believable.
- Use storytelling - Encourage customers to narrate their experience with your product or service. It will make the testimonial more engaging and memorable.
- Shorten - Keep the testimonial short and sweet — focusing on the most important and relevant points.
When you’re in a video meeting with clients, ask them for a positive review before concluding the video. The fact that they’re already on a call with you makes getting the testimonial much easier.
Here are the best practices for using customer testimonials in sales and marketing:
- Feature them in the right place - Use customer testimonials where they’ll be most effective (like the homepage of your website, on product pages, or in email marketing campaigns). It will make it easy for potential customers to find and read them when they’re about to make a purchase.
- Create them in different formats - Use customer testimonials in many formats. It will help make them more engaging and memorable for potential customers.
- Share them across multiple channels - Disseminate testimonials across different marketing channels (like social media, email, and paid advertising). The goal is to reach a wider audience and increase their effectiveness.
Explainer videos can effectively communicate the value and benefits of a product. They can increase engagement, conversion rates, and brand awareness.
Here are the techniques for creating effective explainer videos:
- Open with videos - Create explainer videos as part of your video marketing strategy. The clearer you explain to people what your business is about through these videos, the sooner they’ll move on to the next stage in your sales funnel.
- Use animation - Make the video more visually appealing and engaging. The goal is to convey complex ideas.
- Use a professional voiceover - Deliver the message effectively and make the video more engaging. When you add audio to video, you can draw attention to certain parts of the video and create an emotional connection.
Also, optimize the videos for different platforms. It will make them look and sound good across all devices and platforms.
Here are the best practices for promoting explainer videos to potential customers:
- Use them for specific purposes - Create explainer videos for addressing objections, highlighting features, or targeting specific demographics. It will make them more effective in converting potential customers into paying customers.
- Feature them in ads - Use explainer videos in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and YouTube Ads. There, they can increase visibility and reach a wider audience.
- Create video storyboards - that outline the visual sequence and content flow before production begins. Creating video storyboards will help organize your ideas and ensure a cohesive narrative that resonates with your potential customers. They provide a visual representation of the video concept, making it easier for others to grasp and support the vision.
- Put them in email campaigns - Include explainer videos in your email campaigns and email signature to increase the click-through rate.
Live streams allow a business to connect with potential customers in real-time. Because they help create a sense of community and engagement, it’s more personal — and therefore, the audiences are more responsive to it.
For example, they let a professional get in touch with their audience more effectively as an online business coach. Through a live-streaming session, they can evaluate individual clients and create personalized strategies.
Here are the techniques for creating effective live-streaming content:
- Develop a clear and consistent content strategy - Understand your target audience and what type of content they’re looking for.
- Engage your audience - Use interactive features like polls, Q&A sessions, and live chat to encourage participation. It also keeps your viewers engaged. Integrating chat, voice, and video API into your live streaming platform further enhances the immersive experience.
- Optimize for Search Engines - Optimizing your live stream for search engines helps increase visibility and reach. Use keywords in your title, descriptions, tags, and more.
You can create shareable content to repurpose for social media or other marketing efforts. Use edited clips or highlights from your live stream to create new content.
Here are other best practices for using live streaming in sales and marketing:
- Showcase products or services - Demonstrate the features and benefits of your products. You can also give your audience a behind-the-scenes look at your business and how you make products.
- Build relationships - Use interactive features like polls, Q&A sessions, and live chat to encourage participation and build relationships with your viewers.
- Create urgency and exclusivity - Offer limited-time promotions or exclusive deals to encourage conversions and sales.
Video will continue to play a crucial role in the sales process. And businesses that use it effectively will be better positioned to succeed in the future.
In the years to come, we can expect to see more businesses using video — from lead generation to closing deals. Companies may continue using it for remote sales, as the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the shift to remote work.
Want to welcome more customers in the future? Incorporate video into your customer acquisition strategy.
Christopher Jan Benitez is a freelance writer for hire who specializes in the digital marketing field. His work has been published on SEO and affiliate marketing-specific niches like Monitor Backlinks, Niche Pursuits, Nichehacks, Web Hosting Secret Revealed, and others.