Kixie is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry! 📞
We are an advanced, cloud-based business phone system and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool (no hardware, 100% integrated).
But behind our product are the people driving it 👫. Ambition, Community, Teamwork and Transparency – these are the values we live by at Kixie. We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded 🏆
If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest growing B2B startups — then Kixie is the company you are looking for! 🤩
Do you love to code and are a jack-of-all trades problem solver who would be excited to join a rapidly growing startup? Kixie is offering an incredible opportunity to join a small and growing team in Los Angeles and build our next generation of products and services.
Note - you will be able to work from home during these trying times.
What is Kixie?
Kixie is a venture backed start-up in Los Angeles funded by a top LA Venture Capital Firm (Mucker Capital). We help sales teams make better sales calls in minutes with a cloud voice solution (think slack for voice).
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. This position is for a dev-ops engineer who will design scalable infrastructure with AWS for highly available, multi-region AWS deployments.
We are growing rapidly and looking for candidates who are detailed-oriented and take pride in their work.
- Build automation tools to streamline the deployment of releases and hot fixes.
- Design load balancing, failover, and alerting systems for best-in-class 24x7 high availability across all services
- Bring expertise on troubleshooting applications, database, and networking performance and failures
- Continuously identify process improvement in the production environment and develop appropriate resolutions
- Collaborate with software development team in the design and implementation of continuous delivery solutions.
- 24/7 ownership of the stack and available to support in the event of systems failure.
- Experience with configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible).
- Knowledge of Git or BitBucket.
- Familiarity with Devops concepts and techniques
- 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining automated deployment scripts in Windows and Unix
- 2+ years supporting public cloud technology particularly Amazon AWS technologies
- 2+ Years supporting a live 24x7 website
- 4+ years of experience with Apache/Nginx deployments
- Experience with RDS and Elasticsearch a Plus
- Experience with shell scripting/programming languages
- Experience integrating with CI/Build system (Jenkins, etc) and incorporating test driven development principles into deployments
- Experience with monitoring technologies
- Understanding of Web Application Deployment technologies
- Security experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM methodologies and best practices a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Great work-life balance + remote work options!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Beer and cold brew coffee on tap
- Fun, hardworking atmosphere
- Learn everything there is to know about a technology startup