Kixie is on a mission to revolutionize the business phone industry! 📞
We are an advanced, cloud-based business phone system and call center software — all wrapped up in one single tool (no hardware, 100% integrated).
But behind our product are the people driving it 👫. Ambition, Community, Teamwork and Transparency – these are the values we live by at Kixie. We know that success comes from smart work and deserves to be recognized and rewarded 🏆
If you love a good challenge, enjoy solving meaningful problems, and want to be a part of one of the fastest growing B2B startups — then Kixie is the company you are looking for! 🤩
Do you love to analyze data and are a jack-of-all trades problem solver who would be excited to join a rapidly growing startup? Kixie is offering an incredible opportunity to join a small and growing team in Los Angeles and build our next generation of products and services.
What is Kixie?
Kixie is a venture backed start-up in Los Angeles funded by a top LA Venture Capital Firm (Mucker Capital). We help sales teams make better sales calls in minutes with a cloud voice solution (think slack for voice).
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be versatile and highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork. This position is for a senior data engineer who will be working closely with business domain experts, analytics, and engineering team to design and implement our Data Warehouse model. We are growing rapidly and looking for candidates who are detailed-oriented and take pride in their work.
- 5+ years Data Architecture and Management
- 5+ years SQL
- 3+ years NoSQL
- Design and develop scalable data stores and frameworks with sub-second query latency on highly multi-dimensional data.
- Recent accomplishments working with relational as well as NoSQL data stores, methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
- Proven track record in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
- Familiar with data governance frameworks, SDLC, and Agile methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Contributing towards building a system with a test-driven development / agile approach
- Collaborate with Product Managers to help define scope, architect solutions for solving business problems
- Collaborate with other team members in breaking down tasks and implementation of the initiatives all the way to release.
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems as pertains to data storage and computing.
- Extensive experience with Amazon AWS technologies S3, EMR, Elasticsearch, RDS and Redshift.
- Experience with caching technologies using Redis, Memcached.
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Working knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment
- Working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM development methodologies and best practices
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Competitive Base Salary!
- Excellent Benefits package including medical, Dental, and Vision
- Great work-life balance!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Fun, hardworking atmosphere
- Learn everything there is to know about a technology startup